Becoming a Nipper in 2020/21
Nippers registrations are now open!
We look forward to welcoming you back to another fantastic season of Nippers on Sunday 18 October 2020!!
Due to Covid-19, there will be some significant changes to our Nippers Program this year. None of these changes have been made lightly and we realise that some will create disappointment. Please see the attached document for details, and check our website for any updates.
The major changes are:
- Renewals only. Due to limits on numbers, we are unable to accept any new Nippers. We will only accept registrations of Nippers who were registered in the Bronte SLSC Nipper Program for the 2019/20 season.
- No U6 age group.Unfortunately, we are unable to run an U6 program safely with limited parental involvement. Subject to future regulations, we hope to be able to run some U6 activities in the January school holidays. Keep an eye on our website and newsletter for any plans.
- Water focus. Due to the limited area available on the beach to Nippers this season, it is unlikely that sand events will occur.
- Parent qualifications. Only qualified parents will be permitted to participate. ‘Qualification’ means holding a current Bronze Medallion or Age Manager Award. All families are encouraged to have one parent with either qualification. The Age Manager course is short, open to all and Sydney Branch will run a number of these via Zoom prior to the season commencing.
- Proficiency Swims. U8 and U9 will do their proficiency in Bronte Pool on the first day of Nippers. U9 will also do an ocean proficiency swim. U10-U14 will do their proficiency swims in the ocean this year.
- Start times. At this stage, the timeslots are as follows:
- 8am-8.45am: U7 and U10
- 8am–10.45am: U14
- 9am-9.45am: U8 and U11
- 10am-10.45am: U9, U12 and U13
Like all activities in 2020, we may need to make further changes to our Nipper program as the season develops. Please check our website for any updates.
We look forward to seeing you at the beach!
Please click here for Nipper Handbook