One of the movement’s greatest strengths is that it is community minded. For those wanting to become part of the fabric of a lifesaving club but are unable to patrol due to health issues or work commitments, this type of membership is an option to stay involved.
Members must be at least 35 years of age and have full access to club facilities including the option to join the gym at the current published rate. All club members are subject to the club’s constitution and regulations. A club access tag is provided to all associate members.
To join as an Associate Member, please click here to register via the Surf Life Saving Australia membership portal. All memberships must be registered via this portal.
Once in the portal:
- Click ‘Surf Life Saving Club’ under ‘Which service would you like to join?’
- Type ‘Bronte’ in the ‘The club I want to join is’ field
- Select ‘An individual’ from the ‘I want to join’ drop down menu and then click ‘Next’
- Type your relevant personal, contact and emergency contact details into the following screens and then click ‘Next’
- Create a username and password, click the declarations and then click ‘Next’
- Click ‘MAKE A PAYMENT’ and then click ‘PAY ONLINE’
- Most of the required information will be pre-populated for you on the payment screen. In the ‘Amount’ field, type the amount for a new Associate Member (found in the price list at the top of the screen or on our website here)
- If you are also purchasing Gym membership, click 'Add another Transaction'
- Select 'Gym fee' from the drop down menu next to 'Transaction Type', type 'your name - gym access' in the 'Payment Details' field, and type the amount for the 'Annual Gym Fee' (from the price list) in the 'Amount' field,
- Check the 'Total' amount is correct, then click ‘Next’
- Enter your Visa or Mastercard details and click ‘Next’
Note – All membership payments must be done online and Membership will not be finalised until payment has been made.
Once payment has been completed, we can finalise your membership and issue you with your club access tag. Please note you will receive an email notification from the club once your membership has been finalised. This can take up to a week. Upon receiving this notification, you may collect your access tag from the office Tuesday to Friday from 9:30am to 2:30pm.