6th week @ Bronte Nippers
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
What a great morning at the Waverley Shield!! A hearty congratulations to all our nippers who competed.
A huge thank you also to all the water safety, officials, trainee officials and parents who helped run the carnival. It was a massive team effort and your contributions are much appreciated.
There were so many amazing performances by our Bronte nippers! So many medals of all colours. Here are a few fantastic Bronte team event wins:
- all age board relay
- overall age group win: U11
- U8 boys wade relay
- surf team: U9 boys, U10 boys, U11 boys, U12 boys, U14 girls, U14 boys
- beach relay: U11 girls, U12 girls
Congratulations also to all individual medalists- too many to list - what an achievement! And a special mention to the U8s and our new nippers who competed for the first time.
The Shield itself stayed with North Bondi who won with 933 points. Bronte scored 619, Bondi scored 256 and Tamarama scored 11.
Back to normal nippers this week. Age groups allocated to BBQ duty this Sunday are:
U8 boys: 8am-9.45am
U13 boys: 9.45am-11am
NIPPERS WATER SAFETY TRAINING, at Bronte, this Saturday 2.30pm-4.30pm
We are running a training session 1430 to 1630 on this Saturday for all Nippers Water Safety.
The intent of this session is to maintain skills currency and ensure we are able to execute a successful Emergency Evacuation and search for a missing nipper. Please ensure you bring fins, goggles, WS rashie and orange cap.
Any questions, please contact Ant Burrows 0402991881 firstname.lastname@example.org
SYDNEY AIRPORT CENTENARY RUNWAY RUN, at Sydney Airport, this Saturday 23 November, 7am-12noon. Registration due by Wednesday.
Sydney Airport are a major sponsor of Surf Life Saving and are holding a fun-run this Saturday on one of their runways! Wear your Bronte colours!
Tickets are $25 per person and available here.
- nippers runway race (250m)
- all age runway relay - 5 people from U9-U14 (500m)
- Club vs Club Patrol race - 4 person team (500m)
The first prize is $ towards gear and equipment for your club. Register by Wednesday. No on-site registrations.
RURAL FIRE SERVICE - FUNDRAISING this Sunday
We're raising money this Sunday to support the volunteer firefighters of the Rural Fire Service. Our cadets will be at nippers with collection buckets and we request each nipper family to donate. What an amazing job our firefighters are doing. Please give generously.
BONDI TO BRONTE JUNIOR OCEAN SWIM, at Bronte, Sunday 1 December. Register from 7.30am-8am. Swim starts 8.30am sharp.
Two weeks to go!! The iconic Bondi-to-Bronte is coming up. All U9-U14 nippers have an opportunity to compete in the Bondi-to-Bronte Junior Ocean Swim at Bronte. There will be no nippers on Sunday 1 December.
We strongly encourage all Bronte families to get involved! There are 2 ocean swims for our nippers:
400m for U9-U14 (8.45am)
800m for U11-U14 (8.30am)
Enter online ($10) or on the day ($15 cash).
For more information, course maps and registration see: http://www.bonditobronte.com.au/junior-ocean-swim-event-information.html
It's a terrific morning. What's more, all Junior Ocean Swim entrants go in the running to win a fibreglass nipper board!
Ohana Surf Carnival at Elouera on Saturday 7 December. This carnival is often one of the best of the season. Lots of fun and loads of team events. Gather your mates and pop it in the diary.
North Cronulla Christmas Carnival at North Cronulla on Saturday 14 December.
Please let Victoria know if you would like to enter any of the above carnivals (email@example.com). As with all carnivals, our kids cannot participate without providing a quota of officials and water safety. Be prepared to volunteer if your nipper would like to join in. Sign up for the officials course now if you’re in doubt!
We'd love to see you at any of the informal Club gatherings and activities throughout the week:
- Sunday Sips, 4pm each Sunday upstairs
- Sunday afternoon running group at 4.15pm (run to Bondi and back)
- group board paddle for qualified bronze medallion holders on Sunday afternoons at 4pm
- Wednesday morning group swim at 6am outside North Bondi SLSC
- pilates with Harries on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6am ($10 cash)
Nipper training continues this week. We hope our new trainees are learning invaluable skills and building confidence.
Here are the details:
- sand training: with Jordan Williams at Bronte - Wednesdays 3.45pm-5.15pm
- beginner boards for U9 and up: with Jo Mermaid at Bondi - Tuesdays 4.25pm-5.30pm
- development squad boards: with Mackenzie Gavin - Tuesdays 4.25pm-5.30pm and Saturdays (time TBA via TeamApp) at Bondi;
- competition squad boards: with Jason Gavin - Tuesdays 4.30pm-5.30pm at Bronte; Saturdays (time TBA via TeamApp) at Bronte. Participation in this squad is at the discretion of Jason Gavin. It is for nippers who wish to compete. Each session is 4km-5km.
Communication re sand training is via Bronte Nippers TeamApp. Communication regarding board training is via a separate TeamApp page: 'Bronte Board Trng'. Please request access to the groups relevant to you.
There is a modest season flat-fee for any training of $150 per child. Training fees are payable now via this link: SLSA Online Payment Gateway
Please use the following:
Transaction Type: Other (from drop down list)
Description: nipper training for [full name of nipper]